Sunday, January 3, 2016

Flash TWRP.img on ROOTED Redmi Note 3 via Flashify on Mobile

New Year 2016 Featured Tutorial 

This morning, while I was trying a few stuffs, I accidentally press Full Unroot in SuperSu. I was horrified, eventhough I had root access from the Dev Rom, and thereafter, my superuser access has vanished... 

What I did was go to MIUI Forum to access my tutorial to flash using Hands-on flashing Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool on Redmi Note 3 to the Stable v7.0.19.0 and thereafter update manually thru updater to Dev v5.12.31. And on top when I wanna request for a root access, I was only granted after I did  UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER, ROOTED for REDMI NOTE 3 and successfully got thru for the third time. Only then it automatically downloaded and flashed the hennessy-5.12.31-5.12.31.root ROM, on my lappie, before I could leave for breakfast.

This how it goes, as shown below:-



And the worst part is that I eager to get going with setting up, and having my eggs benedict and enjoying while it last, at a breakfast joint not at the convenience of my office or my home, so I had to do all these while on mobility and had the purple browser to connect me beyond and none other.

Hahaha... my iPhone to the rescue, my eggs benedict breakfast:-



This is what I had, to work with, as shown below:-



SCENARIO: I am ROOTED and WITHOUT a GOOGLE PLAY STORE. What I had to do is run to my rescue with my own blog myandroidous.blogspot.com which is like a treasure chest with all the know-hows and APP APKs at my expense, as shown below:-



MISSION: Install SuperSU & update Binaries, Install Flashify, Flash TWRP and Ultimately Install Google Apps.

I DOWNLOADED:




REMINDER: Enable, 3rd party apk installation Installing APK file on your Redmi Note 2/Prime for noobies


I installed and granted root access to SuperSU 2.46 and update its binaries too, as shown below:-



Installed Flashify and flashed recovery twrp_feds64.img as shown below:-



Install and launch Root Checker app, to verify the Root is done properly, as shown below:-



And now, I have successfully flashed TWRP recovery to my Redmi Note 3, and I "Only mount system read-me" cos I do not want to lose my OTA updates, as shown below:-




Next, I need my Google Play Store... which you can grab hold at the thread below:-





DISCLAIMER: DO ON YOUR OWN RISK. Flashing can potentially bricked or bootloop your device.



2 comments:

  1. so if i untick the "Only mount system read-me", i will lose the ota update?
    what is that for?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will lose OTA update, you need to untick when you TWRP to be permanent recovery or you want to do restore from backup...

    ReplyDelete